Fibreglass Equipment Sunshine Coast
Safety Equipment For Working With Fibreglass
A lot of the products and chemicals that are used when working with fibreglass are highly flammable or poisonous; it is highly recommended that you use safety equipment at all times and take the necessary precautions to ensure that the environment that you are working in is as safe as possible.
Some of our safety recommendations include:
- Always have a fire extinguisher on hand.
- Handling of all goods should be undertaken in a safe, well-ventilated unencumbered work area.
- Use a respirator, goggles/safety glasses and gloves, especially when handling fillers due to their lightweight dust sized particles.
- Always read the warning labels on all of the products that you are working with.
- Do not use smoke or naked flames around any RPI products.
- Keep all containers sealed tight when not in use.
If you are considering using a product and are not certain of the safety precautions that you should be taking when using the product, please ask one of our staff members for assistance or call us on 07 5493 9974. We can provide practical advice on the right fibreglass equipment.
Safety Equipment Product List
Below is a list of some of the safety equipment that we stock in-store; please note that this list is not exhaustive and if you are looking for something specific, it is best to give us a call on 07 5493 9974.
Our stock includes:
- Safety glasses and safety goggles
- Spray suits / space suits
- Dust masks and face masks
- Hand cleaner
- Cleaning agents
HAVE A QUESTION?
Safety is the most important component to take into account when working with fibreglass or epoxy – if you have any questions about any of the chemicals or products, don’t hesitate to call us or fill in our contact form.